I should begin by saying a thank you to everyone who left encouraging commentary last week on the idea of redoing the bind-off on my crewneck sweater. Weirdly enough, the box containing that sweater hasn't surfaced in the unpacking process just yet, but when it does, I think I will indeed summon my courage and fix it right up. Or at least try.
In the meantime, I continue to work along the bottom edge of my Tea Leaves at a preternaturally slow pace. I'm close, actually, to binding off the bottom of this sweater as well, but I keep making the mistake of doing late evening knitting. After a full day of dog chasing and baby wrangling and house organizing, late evening knitting is the ultimate recipe for disaster. So, my biggest accomplishment for this week thus far? Learning how to pick up dropped stitches in garter.
In my defense, I must say that I have not historically been a stitch dropper. But something about the hem of this project has been causing me to drop stitches like crazy and then not realize it for eight or so rows. I had tried on a couple of previous stitch dropping occasions to dutifully pick up my dropped stitches, but really struggled with the garter, and kept making things so much worse that it ended up being better to frog back to the end of the body section of the sweater. But then, yesterday morning, I finally figured it out. The process is a little persnickety, and I wouldn't suggest doing it for row and rows and rows exactly, but it is definitely better than frogging a dozen rows of sweater width stitching. Goodness.
So, I may not have figured out where to keep anyone's shoes, or managed to unpack any of the boxes piled up in Mariam's room. But I did get something done. That is the official party line anyway.
Yarning along with Ginny today. Oh, and speaking of Ginny, check out her post from yesterday to download a free project PDF from the latest issue of Alphabet Glue, and to find a coupon code good for 20% off all this week. Good stuff for summer!