- The subject of the role of monkeys in Cold War era space programs came up. News of the monkeys' fate, though presented as gently as possible, was not well received by our resident animal lover. She spent the rest of the day fashioning space helmets for her stuffed monkey from printer paper and duct tape.
- The monkey was also given a rocket pack, but the cat ate it.
- We realized that Mariam spending so much time reading my Childcraft encyclopedia set from the early 1980's raises occasional issues. See above.
- It certainly feels like November around here. We still have no consistent snow cover and it has been raining again. It's like we live in the land that winter forgot. Oh, except for all the days when the temperature has been below ten.
- I spent hours building a great book list for Alphabet Glue in honor of February being National Poetry Month.
-I discovered that National Poetry Month is in April.
- I built some other great book lists for Alphabet Glue. Look for them in Volume Five. This week!