- I registered for fall classes as a library science student. I know that I should get some of the boring bits out of the way first, but instead I signed up for a bunch of classes on children's literature. Couldn't help it.
- With Dan's help, I believe that I have finally outwitted the backyard squirrels and freed my bird feeder from their tyranny.
- Annie 2.0 and I finally got access to our community garden plot for the season. It is pretty big (about 25 feet by 35 feet) and better yet, it is no longer underwater. So yay for that!
- Mariam and I began thinking in earnest about pumpkin planting time. We love pumpkin planting time.
- I had my first meeting with a student's family where I had to fess up that I won't be back in the fall. They were genuinely disappointed and I felt genuinely guilty. Or sad. Or something.
- We quickly realized that squirrel-besting has resulted in a new problem: grackles. They're worse than stellar's jays (and not nearly as pretty).
- I read the entire New Yorker cover to cover the same day that I got it, and then had to kick myself all week long for not saving it for violin lessons, waiting room times and the like. I never learn.
- I wanted to tell you all that I'm sorry I haven't been out to see you as often as I usually do during the week. The end of the school year is proving to be a super busy time, and I find myself not making it to the computer at all some days. I promise a return to more regular posting, if not more interesting posting, as soon as things calm down just a bit. Deal?
I am a participant in the Amazon affiliate program. When you purchase from Amazon by following my links here on the site, I get a tiny commission. I only link to books that I truly believe you'll enjoy, and I don't accept any payment for my humble and often wacky opinions.