Quite a bit more time has gone by than I originally intended, but a second version of Mr. Meow is finally finished. Well, I guess that it isn't wholly accurate to call it the second. It is the second one to make it all the way to this page, but there have certainly been a few other incarnations that weren't quite right and didn't ever get past the phase of partial stuffing. I'm getting very, very close to the final version, I think, and I'm hoping to have the pattern written by the end of the month or so. I don't always do so hot with self-imposed deadlines, so we'll see how that goes... I should definitely be able to manage getting Mr. Meow into the shop for custom orders of finished cats within the next week or so, and I'll let you know when he's there and ready.
I've made a few changes from my rough-draft pattern. First of all, I added a colorful belly patch for Mr. Meow. It is sewn down, but with an unfinished edge which I hope will fray a bit with appropriate use and love. I do love a good frayed edge.
I also decided to heed the suggestion that many readers made and give Mr. Meow rounder ears that are a bit wider at the base. I think I'm headed in the right direction here, but I may do a bit more modification before I commit to his final ear shape. I've got one more idea to try out here, and I'll let you know how it goes.
And, I'm still working on the tail. That part is giving me absolute fits. I think my vision of how I want it to look might be a little too inflexible. Now I know why Mr. Fox and Ms. Rabbit are happily tail-less.
So, we're getting closer. And I'm definitely still open to feedback if you have suggestions that you would like to share. I'll probably be giving the call for pattern testers later this month as well, so if that is at all of interest to you, keep checking back.