The list of projects on my "to do" list may now have officially exceeded my ability to find the time and energy to get them done. This actually turns out to be a positive thing because it somehow motivates me to find little pockets of time during the day to do a bit of crafting, even if a bit is all that I manage. So, this morning, between fishing Mariam's stuffed animals out of the bathtub and stopping by the farmer's market in order to continue supplying the new family obsession with roasted cauliflower, I did some fabric printing. I used the stamp attachment for my gocco and some ivory colored linen that arrived earlier this week. The image is from this book, which I should say, I like very much.
This is another project that needs to be gender neutral (read: it is baby related so you won't get to see the whole thing until after it's been received on the other end), so I decided to use yellow ink. The yellow gocco fabric ink is pretty bright, so I mixed it with some white to give it a slightly softer color before printing.
The original template in the book is a lot larger than the size that I used. I needed to shrink it down to make it fit on the size screen that the gocco uses, which definitely got me thinking about the idea of printing on larger screens in the future. It is at this point in this post that we can all scroll back up and reread the part about how I have way more project ideas than time...
I did a simple repeat of the image across the bottom of the fabric. I didn't overlap the flowers at all, but in retrospect, I maybe wish that I did. I don't know. My whole vision of the finished project revolves around having it be very clean and simple, so I wanted the printing to be minimal but bright and colorful.
I'm hoping to have the fabric happily sewn into its destined project by tomorrow or the next day. If I can get it mailed off this week, I'll post pictures as soon as it is opened on the other end.